Saturday, August 6, 2011

Seven weeks past treatment

I am actually worse than I was at the last post.  I don't know what is going on, but my mouth is actually on a downward trajectory.  I have had to deal with the general mouth soreness, an occasionally acute pain that is on the right side of my mouth, lots of canker sores and, recently, a herpes outbreak within my mouth.  So, I am actually eating less than I could before. Drats.

But, besides whining about it to Leslie a good bit (poor Leslie!!), if you saw me you would think everything is just fine.  And, really, it is.  It is just going to take longer than I hoped.  I think this part is intended to increase my patience as a human being.  It is sort of working.

My radiologist gave me a prescription to help with the herpes.  I see my ENT on Tuesday and perhaps he will have other suggestions. 

Hanging in there...This too shall pass.

7 comments:

  1. I hope the mouth issues get better fast! Good to see you both at the Cabrillo Festival rehearsals the other day, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting... I was sort of wondering how things were going since you hadn't posted for a while. (I know you said that you probably wouldn't post as often, so I wasn't super worried. That said, I had a nagging feeling and was relieved to have contact with you through your latest post.) Sorry to hear about the status of your mouth. That sounds just awful and miserable. I really, REALLY hope it starts to feel better soon. Love to you and Leslie. -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and sending both you and Leslie lots of love. Hang in there. I know that you are! Do cold milk shakes go down well? Do try them if you haven't already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robin,

    Sorry to hear about this mouth problem. At Stanford, on my first day of chemo, an experienced nurse warned me about mouth sores and she said to prevent it is to rinse twice a day your mouth with a water solution with salt and baking soda. Don't swallow it. Just swish around and spit out. I am not sure if it gets rid of the problem. Best of luck.

    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been doing the water solution with salt/baking soda all along plus Stanford mouth wash (which is a combination of things to prevent mouth problems). But, alas, problems still exist. I will see my ENT tomorrow and maybe he has some wisdom. In the meantime, it isn't that bad. Just frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Big hugs to you Robin. I'm glad that the issues now are (I think) the results of treatment, not the C itself. Still, pain and mouth difficulties suck. I hope that doc had real help.

    allison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for imparting this sort of precious information on most cancers procedure,This post is genuinely a good choice for great granddaddy who seems to be struggling with cancer malignancy and may undergo tonsil cancer treatments

    ReplyDelete