Wednesday, April 20, 2011

quick update Wednesday, 4/20

I saw both my SC radiologist and oncologist today.  Things are now moving much faster.  I am very happy that is the case.  Let's get this show on the road!  My wonderful friend Sharon has given us a house to live in until we can get back to Miramar...(thank you!!!)...so things are looking up after the Stanford fiasco.


I am doing the "mapping" with the radiologist tomorrow.  She seems to think treatment can begin towards the end of next week.  The first chemo is scheduled for Wednesday.  So, all that is good.

Leslie and I are having a bit of a crazy time.  We are both going over to SC tomorrow. Me for the medical reasons, but Leslie to buy a futon.  (Eventually, it will be going in our guest bedroom at Miramar , but for now it will provide our bed.) We head up to SF on Friday and see various friends in the afternoon, evening and Saturday morning.  To my folk's house Saturday afternoon...

Then back to SC Sunday evening for a dinner party.  Leslie leaves for LA Monday for a week to help take care of her Dad, who recently had heart surgery; I move our stuff to SC on Monday (and go to a French speaking women's group in the afternoon).

And, through all this, we have the puppy.  We have dogcare handled in SF (thanks, Kim!) but could use a dogsitter or dog visitor on Wednesday when I have my first chemo (the chemo takes about 5 hours; the dog could be much less...) She's a sweetheart.  Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. You're remarkable, Robin! An absolute inspiration (and one I really need at the moment!). I think of you often, appreciate those around you, wish you well--

    Roz

    ReplyDelete