Saturday, July 9, 2011

Went to a restaurant!

I realized that I could probably eat sashimi, so we went to the local sushi place, Sushi Totoro.  The place caters to UCSC folks and is quite lively.  The bad news:  their fish was no good (particularly their ahi).  But, I ordered the sashimi sampler (ahi, hamachi, salmon) and ate it all, and very quickly I should add.  So, I can go out to eat again!   That said, Leslie is just going to go to a fish store and buy it.  Much cheaper and easier....


Then, I thought I could probably eat scallops cooked in butter, too.  Leslie cooked a bunch last night and they were wonderful. 

So, I am now up to 7 food items!

Just thought you would want to know that there is some progress.

5 comments:

  1. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's wonderful news, Robin! Food is one of the great pleasures of life, and I am so glad that you didn't completely lose your ability to taste, even temporarily. Very interesting about mucus vs. mucous. I had no idea.

    Love,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa D here: spelling is so deep. so multifaceted. I love it and I love you!! so glad that you are on the upswing foodwise. Rock on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin,

    I am glad you have more varieties in your food diet. And also, that you have some energy to go out and enjoy life. That's great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! And that's some yummy seafood you're able to eat. Enjoy--it's about time. xo

    ReplyDelete