Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm baaack....

Wow, that was miserable,  The last 18 days of my life really were a personal low.  A new baseline for the rest of my life.  I was pretty zombie-like for most of it, though I managed to stay up with my emails that needed response. Who knows if what I wrote made any sense whatsoever.  But, at least it was off my to-do list.  It is very, very hard for me to leave my self-imposed responsibilities no matter how bad I feel. I am pretty sure on my death bed, I will be writing some important "wrap-up" email.

I did, however, manage to spend most of the last several days working through Sex and the City. (Thank you, Sandy!)  The first four seasons of that show were pretty much fluff—fun fluff, albeit. But, I really like when they begin to take on more serious issues in the final seasons.  Anyway, I am now in Season Six, part 1 and I love all the plot lines now.  (We just got rid of the irritating guy who broke up on a post-it note.)  I tell you this so you know that there was some happiness in my last several days.  But, if you saw me, I looked pretty much like I was near-comatose. Leslie said I didn't smile for days.

Anyway, the cold is no longer an issue and I can actually get up and walk around. I will try to write a real blog tomorrow to tell you what it is I have actually been experiencing of late.  I will, at long last, talk about the completely and utterly disgusting mucus.  Avoid the next post if that sounds horrible to you.  (It is.)

But the big take-away from today:  I feel human again.  Ok, back to the TV.

11 comments:

  1. Hurray! SOOOO good to hear you are past the new personal low and the cold. Hope the sun is blessing you with warmth and vitamin D etc. love you TONS
    Lisa D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ALL feel better now, knowing this! (Yes, you did look near-comatose.) Much love and looking forward to the day when I can hug you again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to a steady upward curve for a while!

    Love & hugs,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Yay! Did I say Yay!? I am so glad you are feeling better. May I humbly suggest Buffy the Vampire Slayer is your next TV series? Did wonders for me while I was on bedrest. I am morbidly curious about the mucus story and sort of horrified at the same time. The biggest hugs to you and Leslie.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good on you, Robin. Just keep on going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What seana said. :)
    Glad you have something like Sex and the City. Sometimes fluff is enough. When I was sick a couple of months ago, I watched all of the BBC series "Doc Martin" and the first season of "Glee." Another good one to watch if you never have is "The Jewel in the Crown." Great series.
    So glad you're back. Love from Mitch and me in the Loire Valley. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Recommendations are so personal. While I'm recouping, I've been watching mostly crime dramas on the telly. If I had them around, I'd rewatch The Prisoner ( in Patrick McGoohan's preferred order). Or old Monty Pythons.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete
  8. smooches and hugs, Robin and welcome back from no smile.

    allison

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! So happy to have you back! I missed you! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. When recovering from weeks in the hospital, I watched PBS Mapp and Lucia with great fondness--1930's English village--with two of the leading woman one upping each other in a areas of social climbing. I also loved the prisoner series---I am not a number, I am a free woman---you should tell that to the insurance company. Keep on spitting and keep on trucking.

    ReplyDelete