Thursday, June 16, 2011

Leslie moved back in to Miramar! I did, too!

Ok, this is going to be really brief, but we are both back in our home.  But, Leslie has a bad cold and I am very weak.  Two more radiations to go. But, remember, the symptoms continue to get worse for about two weeks after the last radiation, so I begin the upward course to recovery around July 1.  Until then, we don't want drop-in visitors.  Please don't come unless you have made a specific plan with one of us.  If you are really wanting to come, send an email to me or Leslie.  Do not call as it is really hard on my throat.  Sorry to not be my cheery self, but I am at moving to the nadir of the treatment and, as Greta Garbo said...

I promise I will write more—and it will be perkier—after I have regained a little strength from the battle with the infection. By the way,  it wasn't really pneumonia though I did have an "umimpressive" amount of fluid in them according to Dr. Singh.  That amount of fluid couldn't have accounted for my symptoms.  All the docs say it will be forever a mystery but I did, finally, respond to the antibiotics (or my body cleared the problem while I was on the antibiotic.)

It's great to be home, however bedraggled we both are.

11 comments:

  1. The fact that you posted something and used exclamation points was very reassuring!!! (Exclamation points make it sound like you're talking in your usual perky voice!)

    Glad you're home. I will look forward to the day that you are at your zenith of health!

    Love to you, Leslie, and Ziggy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are home! Instructions duly noted and will be followed. Hope the occasional email is not a bother...Hugs to both of you! Lisa SD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crap, I just read your post (that was posted before mine). "Welcome home!" was not meant in jest. Renter damages - geez! The last thing you want to deal with. Who's toting a BB gun in Santa Cruz?? So sorry! Hope your documenting is done for the day. "xoxo" still means the same as it did in pervious post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that all the Lisa's in my life are putting last initials now, though I can usually tell anyway. Spent all day documenting the damages to the house, taking pictures and sending photos to the tenant. It's like I am back at Kresge at move-out: I'm exhausted, doing inspections, very cranky and in the mood to snap if that tenant even implies that he should get a cent of that deposit back. I don't know who (suspect the 10 year old's friend who threw rocks at our pole cover and broke it), but a BB gun shot the bar window! Now, you can actually put a needle through the window to the outdoors. Damn. So, I have to get that replaced. Brett, where are you when I need you? By the way, this is the same comment as above but I had to change spelling and they don't have a damn edit function.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome home, dear Robin -- sorry that the process was marred by difficulties with your temporary place. I hope that being in your own bed and with your lovely garden will at least cheer you up, if not speed your recovery. and Leslie is back in her own kitchen, which means more tasty treats for you. Will continue to monitor your progress and hope you both are feeling better soon. Love to all -- Lisa L

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man...I just read your post. Damn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for everything you are going through - you certainly did not need to come home to that. I'll be up in Santa Cruz later in the summer, getting Ciara settled(hopefully) at UCSC. And hopefully you will be stronger and healthy enough for a visit. Until then, rest well. Damages can wait to be fixed later.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh! Have you ever had bad tenants before??? If it gets sunny you can just hang in the sunny shade or the shady sun. hugs Lisa D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you're in your own bedy. If you are lacking a handyman let me know, I may know someone who can help out, or at least he'd know who to call.

    Perky is overrated.

    Allison

    ReplyDelete